- About Us
- Our Work
You are here
OPAR Mission and Principles
OPAR's mission is to engage scientists, technologists, and policymakers in authentic dialogue to improve public policy outcomes.
The OPAR team is guided by the following principles:
- We build consensus among different perspectives.
- We believe different is good.
- “We” are better, stronger, and smarter than “I”.
- We conduct research that withstands the test.
- We grow daily. We will be better today than we were yesterday, and we will be better tomorrow than we are today.
- We educate stakeholders with the totality of information.
- We influence outcomes.
- We exist, and excel, for reasons other than ourselves.
- There is always a new question.